Beaches of the Saona Island seem to be a perfect location for a love story photoshoot. Sun, white sand, palms, waves, sea breeze… Yes, at the Saona Island romance and love are in the air! However, being in love is not enough for making love story photos of your dream. But no worries, in this article you will find all the secrets regarding how to prepare for shooting your love story at Saona Island.
What Love Story Photoshoot Is
Love story photography is all about relationship and romance. This kind of picture is often shot before the wedding or in the honor of the couple’s anniversary. But these occasions are not the only motivation. Many couples go for love story photoshoot regardless of the dates.
They do this because they want to capture their moments of happiness with high-quality photos. Another reason for such couples is that they have no pictures together. That’s a problem for many loving people: they have pictures with friends and family, or where they are alone. However, at some point, they realize that there are no images with only the two of them, and no one else.
How to Prepare For a Love Story Photoshoot
Everything seems to be simple, but this kind of photoshoot still requires some preparations. The thing is, love story pictures should be full of emotions. They must be believable and real. The photographer is not the only person responsible for this — you and your partner should also prepare. To make sure that you will miss nothing, check this short to-do list.
- General tips:
- If you plan to shoot a love story because of your future wedding, do it at least a few months in advance. In this way, your pictures will be ready by the time of the wedding, so you will be able to use them somehow in the ceremony.
- You already have a location — Saona Island. But it would also be great to think about the plot of your story. It will make your love story complete and interesting. If you lack inspiration, ask a photographer to help — a professional will always give you some great recommendations regarding the plot. Again, it is better to discuss the plot in advance, at least a few days. The reason is that some photoshoot aspects highly depend on the plot (for instance, your clothes).
- Check the weather forecast when choosing a date for your photoshoot. Sometimes rain looks good on romantic pictures, but since you chose Saona Island, you may want to have the sun on your photos.
- To look good in your love story pictures, sleep well the night before the photoshoot. Apart from this, avoid drinking alcohol. Do your best to wake up rested, cheerful, and good-looking!
- Here is the main tip in this section — be yourself at all costs. If you pretend to be someone else, you will get someone else’s love story. Just behave naturally, and everything will be fine.
- Clothes, shoes, and accessories:
- Don’t wear clothes you are not used too. If you feel uncomfortable, the only thing you will be thinking about is “When will this photoshoot end?”. As a result, your pictures won’t be perfect, and even a professional photographer won’t be able to save them. Natural smiles and poses are something you can’t add in Photoshop.
- Wear clothes suitable for the location. You and your partner will have a photoshoot at Saona Island, so luxury clothes may look inappropriate. Pictures like this can be shot AFTER the marriage ceremony, but not before — in most cases, they will look ridiculous. To make the best choice, imagine having a romantic date on a beach. What would you wear? These clothes will also be suitable for a love story photoshoot. However, if your plot somehow implies evening suit and dress, why not?
- Shoes also must be comfortable and look appropriate. Although, you can simply go barefoot — this will be perfect for a love story at the beach.
- Think about diverse accessories you may need during the photoshoot. On the beaches of Saona Island, you may also need some equipment for swimming or snorkeling. Or, probably, an umbrella.
- It is good to have some ideas, but it would be useful to discuss them with your photographer. A short talk will allow you to avoid any confusion and, probably, give you some inspiration. As a result, you will get great pictures.
- Makeup and hairstyle should be discussed with a photographer in advance. However, a photoshoot on the beach requires nothing complicated in terms of appearance. Just look natural and go for a light makeup, if any. Only pictures taken right after the marriage ceremony need complicated makeup and hairstyle in case the couple is dressed more formally.
- Don’t forget to take a hairbrush and a makeup bag (if necessary). You may need them during the photoshoot to refresh your style.
- Hug and look at each other
- Hug each other and look at the camera
- Look into the distance (this picture can be taken from the back)
- Walk along the beach while holding hands
- Goof around on the beach
- Hold hands (this picture can be taken at close range)
- Lie on the sand and cuddle
The main thing here is not to be afraid to be creative. It’s your love story photoshoot, so it should be perfect for you. If you have any ideas regarding the poses, share them with the photographer.
So, now you know how to prepare for a photoshoot at Saona Island. If you need more inspiration, you are welcome to check our portfolio. If you would like to discuss prices and rates, feel free to contact us — we would be happy to shoot love story pictures of your dream!